As an audience, you are an important part of any concert. The audience's responsibility at formal concerts is to honor the efforts of the performers by providing a listening atmosphere in which all can appreciate their performance. To that end, we ask your cooperation:
We all work very hard to prepare an exceptional evening of music for everyone to enjoy. Thank you, in advance, for your assistance in helping concerts to be a wonderful experience for everyone!
- Please make sure all cell phones and electronic devices are turned off. Cell phones can interfere with wireless microphones and recording equipment, as well as creating unwanted noise.
- While the performance is in progress, please remain seated and quiet. (If it becomes necessary to leave the auditorium, please do so between musical selections.)
- If very young children become restless and disrupt others' ability to listen, please take them from the auditorium until they are quiet.
- Please do not hum or clap along with the performers, unless specifically invited to do so.
- Show your appreciation for the performance by clapping after each selection. Whistling and cheering are not appropriate at a formal concert.