My name is Bradley Nelson and I am a Social Studies teacher at Grantsburg High School. I've been with the district since 2012. I am currently teaching World History, AP World History, AP Psychology, US History, and Wisconsin Heritage and Culture. I am also the boys track and field coach.
I am originally from Clear Lake, and my wife and I live in St. Croix Falls with our three children. We are avid campers and love traveling around Minnesota and Wisconsin.
These are the required standards students will be assessed on for each course:
- US History
- Students will use historical evidence to determine cause and effect.
- Students will analyze and evaluate patterns of continuity and change over time.
- Students will evaluate a variety of primary sources to interpret the historical context, intended audience, purpose, and/or author’s point of view.
- Students will evaluate the usefulness of a source in answering a historical question and identify corroborating sources.
- World History
- Students will compare multiple sources of information and use them to support or challenge one another in relation to a historical question.
- Students will compare and contrast different ideas, beliefs, or practices in a way that considers their impact on societies, economies, cultures, or the environment.
- Students will use historical inquiry to investigate and explain the impact of a person, idea, or process on world history.
- Students will determine the central ideas or information of a primary or secondary source; provide an accurate summary of how key events or ideas develop over the course of the text.
- Students will explore evidence discovered through personal research with a variety of sources including primary and secondary sources and media resources.
- Students will analyze and weigh relevance of source to determine how the author, context, audience, and purpose affect the reliability, limitations, and usefulness of a source.
- Students will develop a defensible claim to provide focus for an inquiry that is based upon the analysis of sources.
- Students will support a claim with evidence using sources from multiple perspectives and mediums (electronic, digital, print, and other mass media).