Welcome, Thanks for Stopping By!
My younger years were spent in Edgerton, WI, just south of Madison, where I worked at several swimming pools and farms. After high school I attended UW Madison and UW Whitewater. My life as a math teacher began in 1991, and except for a couple years away from schools as a stay-at-home dad, I have been teaching. At Grantsburg Middle School I teach 7th grade math, 8th grade math, 8th grade Algebra, 8th grade Web Design, and 7/8 Engineering.
When I'm not busy with school, I like to bike, hike, kayak, garden, play Frisbee, and work on whatever needs to be worked on! Time spent with family is precious to me.
My Strength Finder Strengths
- Developer - Developers recognize and cultivate the potential in others. They spot the signs of each small improvement and derive satisfaction from these improvements.
- Relator - Relators enjoy close relationships with others. They find deep satisfaction in working hard with friends to achieve a goal.
- Adaptability - Adaptability people prefer to “go with the flow.” They tend to be “now” people who take things as they come and discover the future one day at a time.
- Harmony - Harmony people look for consensus. They don’t enjoy conflict; rather, they seek areas of agreement.
- Analytical - Analytical people search for reasons and causes. They have the ability to think about all the factors that might affect a situation.
Some of my favorite quotes
- "Failure is an event, not a person."
- "'I want to hire employees who can't do math.' Said no boss ever."
- "I always get to where I'm going by walking away from where I have been."
- "The things that make me different are the things that make me."
- "A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference."
- "Any day spent with you is my favorite day."