My name is Bradley Nelson and I am one of the Social Studies teachers at Grantsburg High School. I've been with the district since 2012. I am currently teaching World History, AP World History, AP Psychology, and US History. I am also the boys track and field coach.
I am originally from Clear Lake, and my wife and I live in St. Croix Falls with our two children. We are avid campers and love traveling around Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Students and parents:
- For World History or US History classes, please visit my class website at: nelsonsclass.com.
- For AP World History or AP Psychology classes, please login to Canvas:
These are the required standards students will be assessed on for each course:
- US History
- Use historical evidence to determine cause and effect.
- Analyze and evaluate patterns of continuity and change over time.
- Connect past events, people, and ideas to the present, and use historical perspectives to put current events into context.
- Evaluate a variety of primary sources to interpret the historical context, intended audience, purpose, and/or author’s point of view.
- World History
- Construct questions that support the research and identify the sources that will be used in a research project.
- Analyze and weigh relevance of source to determine the reliability, limitations, and usefulness of a source.
- Develop a defensible thesis to provide focus for an essay or paper that is based upon the analysis of sources.
- Support a thesis with evidence using sources from multiple perspectives and mediums (electronic and print).